Gold Coast Licensed Pest & Building Professionals: two sets of eyes are better than one
Gold Coast Bug Squad offers a team of qualified, licensed building and pest inspectors, whereby we send not one but two professionals to assess your property. Two sets of eyes are better than one – for a clearer view.
Remember, that a comprehensive pest and building inspection is an integral part of the purchase process for your property. Major structural issues and pest infestations (either previous or active) are hard to spot if you don’t know what to look for.
By hiring our professional team for your next Pre-Purchase Building and Pest Inspection, you will have access to the latest imaging equipment and a keen examination by our Licensed Building Inspector and Licensed Pest Management Technician, who will look for any building defects and pest activity. This allows you to have a better overall perspective of the property you are looking to buy. A thorough report is the critical information you need to decide whether to go ahead with the purchase, renegotiate the sale price, or withdraw from the contract entirely.
It’s recommended a Pre-Purchase Building and Timber Pest Inspection is performed either before making a formal offer or, if the property is heading to auction, prior to the auction date or during the cooling off period. Queensland buyers have 5 business days as a cooling off period, while withdrawing the offer afterward will incur a nominal fee.
Call us to book our services sooner rather than later, so you can see the full picture before you buy.
The team at Gold Coast Bug Squad understands that buying into the property market can be stressful for any purchaser, therefore make us your first choice for Pre-Purchase Inspections in order to:
- Ensure your peace of mind, using fully licensed and insured inspectors
- Engage two professional sets of eyes, which are better than one. Our combined building and pest industry experience is almost 30 years
- Take advantage of the latest technology, offering time-proven techniques, to ensure an extensive and exacting inspection with a full written report upon completion
- Carry out all inspections in accordance with the Australian Standards
- Be given two verbal presentations and a comprehensive and detailed report, including photographs, within 24 hours
- Let us pre-arrange inspections with the Property Agent if required.
- External walls
- Internal walls
- Roof void
- Other timber fundamentals
Unless you’re a fully qualified builder, it’s likely you will miss any hidden defects within the structural integrity of the building. The property vendor is obligated by law to disclose certain problems within the property to the real estate agent and potential buyers. However, this information should not be relied upon solely because it only relates to issues that the vendor is aware of at the time of sale.
All buildings must adhere to the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards. An independent Pre-Purchase Building Inspection by the team Gold Coast Bug Squad will review any accessible structural and operational elements within the property, including:
- All interior rooms
- The roof void and the exterior, including roof plumbing
- Crawl spaces and basement areas
- Space under floors
- Outside areas, including fencing, steps, balconies, verandahs, decking, driveways and walls
- Other buildings or structures on the property, such as sheds, garages and outdoor toilets.
The inspector will be looking for any building code violations, damp, wood rot and mould issues (which can often be hidden under a fresh application of paint), drainage problems, safety and fire hazards, structural weaknesses, cracks and other defects.
Protect your investment with a professional Gold Coast Bug Squad Pest Inspection before purchasing a property. This can be the difference between buying a well-maintained house or one that is infested with hidden creepy crawlies, which need to be eliminated. Without both the equipment and experience, locating and evaluating how many pests there are is almost impossible, so if you think it’s as simple as having a quick look and laying some baits, think again.
As professionals, we use thermal imaging technology and devices that seek out moisture-dense areas. We will look at:
- The roof, gutters and downpipes, vents and roof trusses
- The rooms, flooring, walls, ceilings, built-in wardrobes, window and doors, cabinets and skirting boards
- All wet areas, especially the bathroom and laundry
- Underneath the building, including crawl spaces, under floors, cellars or storage areas
- The exterior of the building.