Our termite and pest technician’s main priority is the safety of your family. Years ago pesticides were so strong a simple pest control spray around the house would keep common pests away for up to 12 months. The safety of pest management has become a whole lot safer when organoposphate chemicals were introduced into the pest control industry, which made our job a lot harder. There is now experienced skill and attention to detail skills required for any Pest Management to be successful in this industry. How termite and pest technicians operate these skills are by applying pesticides in the safest possible ways and in areas that are out of reach for you, your family or employees. During a General Pest treatment pesticides are applied at low rates – usually the active ingredient is less than 1%. Today’s pesticides are so effective they have the capability of killing small insects with ease, also have no odor and pose no hazard to you or your pests. When pesticides are being applied during a pest treatment you will notice they have no odor and is being applied with minimum droplet size at low ground level areas, to ensure there are no airborne residues and this way there is zero chance of exposure to chemicals through breathing.
Surface areas treated such as internal skirting boards, kitchen kick boards, tiles and drains have application of pesticide during a pest treatment, these surfers dry quickly normally within 15 – 20 minutes. The residue left on these arears will be only toxic to small inspects but pose no threat to you, your family, pets or employees.
SAFETY BEFORE A PEST CONTROL SERVICE
- Ensure your house is generally clean and tidy
- Floors mopped and as little against wall edges as possible
- Close all windows and doors
- If you have sensitivity issues, asthma or are pregnant it is considered a safety precaution to vacate the property of 4 hours. This is also recommended if you have a young baby that is of crawling age.
SAFETY AFTER A PEST TREATMENT
- Keep pests and small children off treated surfaces for 1-3 hours after application. Refill any pet bowls emptied before our Pest Control Application.
- Remove any covering from fish bowls or tanks
- Re-open windows and allow normal ventilation.
- Avoid mopping floors for up to 1 week (Sweeping – Vacuuming is okay)